October 25, 2014 in Real Estate Law
Redfin (www.redfin.com), the customer-first real estate brokerage, today announced the launch of its home-buying and selling services in Jacksonville, Florida. People can now work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes throughout the greater Jacksonville area.
“Jacksonville is the largest and one of the fastest-growing cities in the state of Florida and a natural next step for Redfin as we grow our business in the region,” said Southeast District Manager James Marks. “Our service and technology-oriented approach to real estate has really resonated with homebuyers and sellers in Miami, West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa and Orlando and we’re confident that we’ll get the same warm welcome in Jacksonville.”
The Redfin model is different from that of other brokerages because it uniquely aligns agent and customer interests. Redfin agents are paid a salary and receive benefits, with customer satisfaction ratings determining each agent’s bonuses. All reviews for all Redfin agents are published on their online profiles, and 97 percent of customers would recommend their Redfin agent.
Redfin real estate agents focus on delivering great service while helping clients buy or sell homes. This efficiency, powered by the best in technology, also enables Redfin to pass savings on to our clients. Someone who buys a $300,000 home with a Redfin agent in Jacksonville would receive a refund of just over $1,400 at closing. Instead of the typical 3 percent commission, Redfin charges sellers a 1.5 percent fee. This means someone selling a $300,000 home with a Redfin agent would save $4500.
Redfin hired real estate broker Sandy Davidson to spearhead the business in Jacksonville. Davidson has over a decade of real estate experience in the coastal Georgia and greater Jacksonville area. Davidson started his career in hospitality and corporate training and then found his calling in real estate in 2004, when he joined Bluegreen Corp., and worked as a real estate agent selling new construction homes and properties. Before joining Redfin, Davidson started his own real estate consulting firm providing sales, marketing, and training for local builders and developers and most recently worked in new construction with Lennar Corporation.
“Because of my background in hospitality, I was instantly attracted to the Redfin business model where agents are laser-focused on providing top-notch customer service,” Davidson said. “I’m excited to lead the Jacksonville team and help people buy and sell homes the Redfin way.”
With the arrival of Redfin, people in Jacksonville can now use state-of-the art online and mobile tools to quickly access the most accurate and up-to-date information about homes for sale and the home-selling process.
Selling with Redfin:
- Redfin Home Dashboard: A comprehensive online resource for home sellers that provides real-time data about their home.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Redfin 3D Walkthrough: A new feature enabling homebuyers to get a high-resolution, photo-quality view from every perspective inside a Redfin agent-listed home.
Buying with Redfin:
- Instant Tour Scheduling: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
To find or sell a house and to connect with a local agent, please visit redfin.com. To learn more about working at Redfin and to apply for open positions in Jacksonville and other locations, please visit redfin.com/jobs.
Connect with Redfin
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a customer-first real estate brokerage that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not salespeople, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin.com features all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don’t pay brokers a commission. Redfin also offers online tools that make the entire process of buying or selling a home easier and more fun. The company serves major markets across the U.S. and has closed nearly $20 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The DIGITAL 100: World’s Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider.
- Real Estate
- real estate brokerage